Today I have been tagged with my first MeMe. That crazy chick Jenny got me. By the way, she is having a contest in honor of her 100th post. She is giving away a $100.00 Target gift card to the winner of a little challenge. Simply answer this question: If Jenny at Chased by Children wore a slogan Tee it would say...There are a few rules, so make sure you play by them or you could be dq'd. I think her tee shirt would say, "True 'Dat!"
Back to the MeMe.
Four Things I have never done:
1. I have never manged to stay on the list of "Works for me Wednesday". What?! Like I could resist that opening! ;)
2. I have never jumped out of an airplane. Does not strike me as an entertaining way to spend my time.
3. I have never read and/or seen "Pride and Prejudice". I know there are a lot of mouths agape at this revelation, sorry, I have just not been moved to do so. At least not yet.
4. I have never crashed a dirt bike. Not so, for husband and son. More on that later.
Four Things I've Learned in the Last Year:
1. I have learned that if you cut an apple in half width wise instead of lengthwise, you will see a star in the center of the apple. Yes, you savvy readers that is the answer to the first riddle from Tuesday. The answer to the second riddle is "nothing", which several of you smarties have already figured out.
2. I have learned that toothpaste takes scuff marks off of fiberglass bathtubs. How did I learn this? Two ways, first, a large master bath tub makes an excellent racetrack for toy cars and trucks. Their tires leave marks. Second, we don't have a full mirror in our room, and it is possible that on occasion someone might have stood on the edge of the tub to check their look. Shoes can leave marks too.
3. Dirt bikes are dangerous. O.K. I probably have known this for longer than a year, but this last year both my husband and son got dirt bikes. My son broke his collar bone while riding 5 days after he got his bike. I am taking my husband to have his tail bone x-rayed today, as he had a crash yesterday. I would like to sell them, they would not.
4. Having a group of supportive friends is a true blessing. I am the very lucky recipient of such a blessing.
Four Jobs I would Love, but will Probably Never Have:
1. Broadway Star. My daughter and I are the only ones who truly appreciate my voice.
2. Talk Radio Show Host, but only if I got to do it with a friend.
3. President of the United States. I don't really want to be President, but it would be a cool title to have.
4. Let's face it, I don't really want a job.
Four Jobs I have Actually Had:
1. Worker in a day care. I was 17. Love kids, but learned I don't love 30 of them at once with no help. The owner used to take naps all day, while I did all the work. Luckily, my mom the lawyer, made me quit for liability reasons.
2. Spotter on a para-sailing boat. I did not actually get paid, but I did get a free para-sailing ride. Lots of fun!
3. Waitress/hostess/bartender. Tips are a good thing, cranky customers are not.
4. Bridal Registry Consultant. Fun if the couple had good taste, rather painful if they did not.
Tag you're it, if you want to be!
P.S. Happy one year Blogoversary to Are Things Complicated Yet?