I have been tagged for a MeMe by the ever wonderful Jenny from Chicago, and since she is having a week of giveaways starting on Monday that I wanted to remind you about today... I decided to play along.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you for this MeMe. Check.
2. List the rules on your blog. Check.
3. Share six unimportant things/quirks/habits about yourself. Coming up.
4. Tag six people to do this MeMe. Coming up.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged. Will do.
Only six huh? At first I thought I was going to be hard pressed to come up with six, but then once I got going I realized just how crazy I actually am and had to spend WAY too much time whittling the list to just 6 quirks! Here it goes:
1. I sleep with a fan every night. I have been doing this since I was ten. Winter, summer, spring, and fall... even if it is -30 degrees outside. It is not a tame little ceiling fan either. It is a floor fan and it is almost always on high. I like the noise, AND the movement of the air. Still air is not my friend. I have passed this habit on to my husband and both my kids.
2. I am a grammar freak. I get this from my mother. "Me and her" etc. is truly equivalent to fingernails on a blackboard. Reality TV is rife with bad grammar. I get hives regularly as I do enjoy a few reality shows now and then.
3. I am a rule follower.
4. I love to cook. I do both free form cooking (without a recipe) and cooking from a recipe. However, when cooking from a recipe I almost always change something slightly (more of this, this instead of that, etc.).
5. When I get stressed I wring my hands. I usually don't even know I'm doing it.
6. I have a huge phobia of roaches. No, I have never lived anywhere that had a plethora of roaches, however, my mom lives in South Carolina and they have large bugs that are euphemistically called "Palmetto bugs". They are roaches. When she first moved there it was summer time and I was on break from college, so moved with her for the summer. I literally spent many a sleepless night in fear of a "Palmetto bug" sneaking into my room.
Now it is my turn to tag 6 unwitting bloggers. Who loves ya baby? It's me! (Yes, I did steal that phrase from Jenny, but she loves me so it's o.k.)
Tired Mama, Leanne who gave me some much needed bloggy love the other day. Thank you, and hope you forgive me for the tag.
Fannie Mae, 'cause I think her answers will be a hoot.
Well I was going to tag TZ but she already got tagged. So click here to read her answers. She is my cool nursing student bloggy friend who thinks watching brain surgery is cool, so I bet her answers are VERY interesting.
My sister in all things "Dancing with the Stars" Dixie Chick. Let's hear 'em baby.
Julianne my published author bloggy friend. I am sure you are above the lowly MeMe, but hey just in case you have a little writer's block or something...now you have a ready made topic! (not that I think that ever happens to you!)
Have a great weekend. BTW, our project deadline got moved to Monday. Therefore, this weekend I am still enmeshed in all things Bahamas...pictures of the masterpiece to come.