Yes, we are back from paradise. I am glad to be home, kinda. Oh, who am I kidding I would be back there in a blink if I could. Where is the freshly cut mango and papaya waiting for me every morning? Where is the fresh from the ocean two pound lobster prepared perfectly for my dinner? Where are the fresh towels and sheets everyday, and how come no one is turning my bed down at night? Where is my driver waiting to whisk me to wherever I desire? Where is the beautiful beach, crystal clear ocean, sunsets, pool, pool volleyball? Where is my extended family to have fun with everyday? And what is the meaning of the non-stop rain and thunderstorms that served as our welcome home? The one bright spot I can think of to being home is that the sheets are not damp from humidity...so I got that going for me, which is nice.
As you have probably gathered it was a fabulous vacation! Due to some technical difficulties (or I have been too lazy) I do not yet have pictures for you, but I promise I will very soon.
In the meantime, I am going to have a little fun with something Lynette posted a week or so ago, and invited anyone and everyone to join in. So, I am joining.
Here is her question. "Have you ever really thought about the way you do certain things and wonder if other people do them the same way as you, or am I just a freak?
Don't answer that.
I came up with a list of things that I am curious about and listed my answers, but I would love for you to chime in and let me know what your replies would be. Either list it in the comment section or make a post of your own and link back to me."
Please feel free to play along too, either in my comment section or by doing your own post as Lynette suggest and linking to both of us.
1) How do you eat cottage cheese? Plain? Fruit? Ketchup? Sugar? I have never heard of either ketchup or sugar with cottage cheese, but I normally like it with a little salt and pepper. However, I also like it mixed with a little applesauce, and my grandfather taught me a creation that he called "barley dew" (no idea where the name comes from) which is cottage cheese on a saltine topped with a little jelly. Yes, it sounds weird, but it is actually very good.
2) When you eat a banana do you completely peel it first or peel as you go? And do you eat it plain or with "toppings"? I peel as I go, and I LOVE peanut butter on my bananas.
3) If you recycle (which you should!) do you rinse and flatten the containers? Rinse, yes...flatten, no.
4) When putting on socks, which foot do you start with? I'm pretty sure, right, but I have never put much thought into it.
5) How do you take your coffee? Summer = medium iced decaf with cream only from Dunkin' Donuts. Winter = medium hot decaf with cream only from Dunkin' Donuts.
6) Do you generally sleep on your side, back or stomach? It varies among all three.
7) Are you offended when someone flashes their high beam headlights ("brights") at you or do you take it as a warning that there's a police officer ahead or that your "brights" are on?
"I like to think people have good intentions are are forewarning me of a speed trap, but then I remember hearing about an urban legend involving gang initiation, so I try not to flash anyone just to be on the safe side." Ditto.
8) If you see any type of change, whether it be a penny or a nickel, do you pick it up? Yep, generally unless it looks really dirty.
9) When at a track, which way do you go, clockwise or counterclockwise? Why do some people go the opposite direction? To answer this, I would actually have to spend time at a track right?
10) Before loading a dishwasher, do you first rinse and remove stuck on food? Yes! I clean before the cleaning lady too.
11) When taking a shower do you wash your body, hair or face first or do you first shave? Again, not something I have documented, but I would have to say...shampoo, conditioner and leave it in, body, shave, face, brush teeth, rinse conditioner.
12) What type of gum do you prefer? Spearmint, peppermint, cinnamon, of fruit flavored? Peppermint! Cinnamon would be second, followed by spearmint. Not a big sweet flavor or fruit flavor gal, and truth be told I really more of a mint person than a gum person.
Thar she blows...all the stuff you "needed" to know about me! Be sure to check out A Day in the Life of the Ordinary for Lynette's answers, and either comment or post your answers...inquiring minds want to know!